The selection for the spring semester 2013 of the RESEARCH INTO THE UNKNOWN – improvisational laboratory is ended, the two new researcher: Márton Emil Tóth and Valencia James
Research into the Unknow Residency Program-improvisational laboratory
Concept by Michaela Hargitay A/H, coordinator: Workshop Foundation/H,
Artistic coach: Eszter Gál/H
What is the program about?
Research into the Unknow is a residency program where artists/creators and the audience can research what improvisation means in the field of contemporary arts. The program offers an intensive researching opportunity for artists/creators and focusing on the creative process, on the research itself rather then creating a performance. The program is made up of three consecutive steps, in each step the research period is followed by a presentation where audience plays an important role by giving feedback and dialogue with the artists / creators.
What is the aim of the program?
The aim of the program is to encourage artists/creators who are researching improvisation as an artistic tool in the field of contemporary dance and other art forms. Each semester one Hungarian and one foreign artist/creator participate in the residency program. They choose a partner / artist from another art-form, with whom they venture into the Unknown with the tool of improvisation.
The first presentation offers a possibility to present a rough work-out of the artistic concept in a studio, with the integration of the audience as an active part of the performance.
The second step is a work-in-progress show in a (theatre) studio with minimal lights and technical help, with audience feedback-round at the end.
The closing evening of the residency program at the end of the third step is a theatre performance where participating pairs present the results of their research work.
We offer you:
• rehearsal space
• financial support
• travel costs (one trip to Budapest and back)
Who can apply?
• are experienced and curious to research into the subject of improvisation in dance
• wish to collaborate with Hungarian colleagues from a different art field
• have participated or currently are participating in any DÉPARTS program* or were/are students of P.A.R.T.S. - can be an advantage, but not necessary!
How to apply?
Please send the listed materials via e-mail: email@example.com
or by post: Workshop Foundation, 1094 Budapest, Liliom utca 41,
• enclosed completed application form (including concept description and from which artform you would like to choose your partner) Please pay attention to the characters required in the form; it’s very important to receive the same amount of information from everybody! We can not accept project descriptions beside the form.
Download the application form here.
• detailed CV – max.2 pages
• portrait of yourself,
• other photos and video of your work (DVD, CD-ROM, VHS, it is also sufficient to provide a link if your video is available on a web page)
Participation for a shorter term is not possible!
Further information: Workshop Foundation, +361/456 2045, +361/456 2052, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.wsf.hu
Supporters: With the support of the Culture Programme of the European Union, National Cultural Fund, Ministry of National Resources, MU Theater , Trafo House of Contemporary Arts, Cam-El-Com
* For further information on DÉPARTS please visit: www.departs.eu